Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wow, I'm a Blogger (Some Background)

So this is my blog. It's pretty neat, right? Basically, I will use this as a sort of vent as I'm going through this totally awesome "healing process." (Yes, the totally awesome was sarcastic.)

Background: I started therapy in the beginning of May to deal with some issues I'd been carefully trying NOT to deal with for some years. This includes CSA, and later SA, self-injury and eating issues, depression, body image issues (obviously), panic attacks, flashbacks and body memories (actually, I didn't even know these had a name until finding Pandora's Aquarium online while trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me), nightmares, insomnia, and general irritability.

I am really lucky that my bf was (and still is) so supportive and caring. I'm also lucky to have a kind cousin who is so encouraging. Without my boyfriend, without the few wonderful family members I have (I have lots of family, they're just not all wonderful), without my best friend (who is also my unbiological sister, and who I love dearly), and a few other nice people I am lucky enough to know, I would just not be able to handle this "let's go back and look at the trauma" stuff.

Well I think I'm starting to ramble. So that's it for now. More later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or share an experience or resource: