Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Skillet (the band, not what you cook in)

Alright...I'm not a fan of "Christian" music. I find most of it preachy and...annoying? But Skillet's "Monster" has definitely made it's way into the mainstream secular music scene. I love that song, because I can relate so well to it. I think most people can...maybe we all have a "secret side." So this is actually the only song of their's I have heard.

Until today. There was a link on Pandy's (can you tell I go there often- it's nice not to feel so alone) to their song "It's Not Me It's You." Like "Monster," you can't tell they're a Christian group from this song. But this song is I guess about putting the blame where it belongs- "I'm no longer choking/from the pain you put me through/and now I know that/it's not me it's you- you/it's not me it's you/always has been you." I'm not saying let's blame everyone for all our problems, but let's blame the people who hurt us for their actions, instead of blaming ourselves. For people who have been through CSA or SA or RA or any kind of A, that's a big struggle. So I am kindof glad I found this song...or that someone else found it and shared it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or share an experience or resource: