Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How do you feel when...

I recently saw a topic thread on Pandy's asking how you feel when people talk about your abuser(s). I guess this depends on what they are saying ;) Because I am geographically close to mine (my father), and because people in general think he is a "good" person, I get to hear a LOT of good things about him. Very few people know what happened (years of CSA), and those who do are kind enough not to bring him up much, and not to speak of him as if he were a saint. Everyone else, though, just thinks he is so great. It KILLS me. It makes me feel angry, sad, disgusted, guilty, and it's hard not to think about the abuse when I'm thinking about him.

Of course, there were good times. Lots of them. And maybe in general he is a "good" person. I am not really sure, I am still looking at my definition of this. But he can do bad things, he can cause so much hurt. It's been almost eight years since I moved out and it is STILL hurting, a lot. So when people talk about him as if he is a great person, it's upsetting and it hurts. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want everyone to hate him, I would just like it if people wouldn't speak so highly of him. But, since I'm not going to go around telling everyone what he did, I believe I'll just have to deal with it. How?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or share an experience or resource: