Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things I Would Ask for Help With, if I was Brave Enough

  • Saying what I need or want
  • Standing up for myself when something isn't right
  • Managing the anger
  • Taking things too seriously or thinking that when things are wrong, it's because of me
  • Having fun (I know, it's actually dumb that that is on this list)
  • Assuming that I'm not good enough

Perhaps I will print this out and bring it to therapy. So much going on right now with school and possibly a new job and my daughter's (lack of) potty training...it's causing me so much anxiety that my body is freaking out in some really weird ways. My head feels like it's falling or something, for a second or so, every so often. More often when I'm tired or trying to focus visually on something. It's been going on for a few days; at first it was really scary, now it's just frustrating and making me feel sick. My eyes are also really weird. When I shut them, it feels like they are still open, like they are dry or something. And I haven't been sleeping at all. I tried to get a Dr's appointment, but she is out of town for the week and the receptionist said I'd have to go to the emergency room. Well, it's not an emergency really. I do want it taken care of, like, yesterday, but it's not an emergency. I had a mini-breakdown after that phone call. I want to feel better! I think (I hope) after my last paper is in a week from today, I'll be feeling fine. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I have been getting similar symptoms. I got eye drops for the eyes, then I took pain relief for the head, so maybe it is just that it really Is very stressful and painful and terrible to go through this kind of deep painful process and our body feels the strain.
    There is nothing wrong with you in your heart and mind, you are doing your best to do what you need to do, as you have always done and I really cheer you on with this difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or share an experience or resource: